Saturday, January 15, 2011

Spring Mill - a much needed break!

WHEW!  Mommy has been working LOTS for a big project at work.  While I do enjoy a challenge, it's been a huge stress on the family.  The awesome thing is that we are reminded what a WONDERFUL Daddy we have!  (Mommy's so blessed to have such an amazing hubby!!)  And, since the next 10 days or so will likely be a lot more stress for the family -- and Daddy heads straight into a rough tax season when Mommy's project is done -- we decided to sneak away for the annual Spring Mill retreat w/ our camping buds to get a little family time and reground ourselves in what is important.  (They had wireless so if you are a co-worker of mommy's you can be assured that I was still working!! :) )

Most of the usual camping gang was there:  Dan, Kelly, Haley, Ava Miller + Katie; Wendy and John Loker; Ty, Allison, Gabriella, Jonah, Brady Bell; Frank and Lynn Helbig; Andrew and Claire Shea; and, the Manships!   I didn't get any group shots b/c we all kind of went our separate ways and were so relaxed we didn't have cameras, but we played games, chatted by the fire and by the pool, napped, the boys loved the hotel, some hiked, ate great meals in the lodge, did crafts at the "nature nook", and just had a good time. 

Daddy, Eli and Lukey in the pool.  Eli could get in and out by himself

Luke playing in the arcade.
Daddy, Luke and Eli playing Operation.  (We were a little noisy!)  :)   
"I did it!"  Eli got a piece out of the operation guy!  :)

We had a cool rocking chair in the hotel room. Eli's sitting in it in this pic.  Fav parts of the weekend were when Eli said:  "I love this family."  "My am so excited"  "I love we are all together." 
And, "Thank you for the hotel, mommy and daddy."

Luke loved running around the hotel room in his diaper!

Luke showing he is big stuff in the rocking chair.

It was so much fun and just the perfect break we needed to be re-energized and reminded of what is important.  

No comments: