Back by popular demand ... I'm reposting this due to all the requests about why I removed it.
Boy oh boy ... mom had a crazy day today!
It was totally reminiscent of the trip we took to South Bend with Uncle Steve in 1986 ... mishaps around every corner, but the big guy upstairs (or guardian angels he sent) were "catching" me with every turn. Check out the calming moments I had ...
- Went to Goshen for a lunch meeting at the Country Club and got there with no problems at all. My meeting ended at 1:50. Tried to start my car at 2pm and it wouldn't start.
- Just so happened that around 2:05 the golf mixer ended and several really cool women came over to help me jump my car. It didn't work, but they were all local so they hooked me up w/ about 5 phone numbers for shops that would help me. And, they waited with me!
- Just so happened that the parents of one of the ladies lived across the street so her mom offered me a shady back porch, air conditioning and ice cold water while I waited for the tow truck.
- Three tow trucks showed up to help me and one took me to the repair shop!
- The repair shop welcomed me with a Klondike bar, ice water, they helped me find a hotel room and made arrangements for me to get a rental car while I waited for my car to be fixed. (And, the whole waiting area of their shop had letters from customers who were "passing through", had emergency car trouble as I did and received excellent service.)
- Got to hotel and went for a snack, but the machine ate my money. The facilities guy just happened to be helping his nephew at the same time my money was "eaten" so he "procured" me a candy bar on the house.
The South Bend trip still ranks as #1, but as I sit in my hotel (totally missing my boys) I am awe at how much went wrong, but how many great things happened amidst the challenges. As Eli says in his prayers, "Thank you, God!" :)
P.S. We miss Tony Dixon, a friend and softball buddy of Mike's- may God continue to bless his family as we remember his passing one year ago today and celebrate his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment